OUR PUBLIC HEALTH, DEMOCRACY AND TRUST IN ONE ANOTHER DEPEND ON
The Good Information Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 2021 to tackle the growing information crisis in America that is undermining social trust, harming public health, and damaging our democracy.
The mission of the Good Information Foundation is to increase the flow of good, factual information online to counter and rebut the spread of misinformation and disinformation. We do this by creating, incubating, funding and lifting up fact-based solutions, voices, programs and initiatives that can be quickly developed, tested and deployed at scale. We are on offense against disinformation.
The Good Information Foundation will incubate and invest in efforts that:
- Develop and deliver factual, relevant and local information to specific populations who live in news deserts, are under-reached by trusted news organizations, and who are vulnerable to being reached with bad information
- Develop training programs and curriculum for young journalists, content creators and organizers committed to building a better internet and fact-based media ecosystem
- Produce new research, case studies and thought leadership that identify, measure and elevate new solutions to countering and diluting the effects of disinformation on vulnerable communities
- Develop civic education, training and communication programs that help increase informed civic participation among lower-voting and non-voting communities
- Provide direct support to mission-aligned organizations and individuals working at the forefront of the information crisis to scale tested efforts to increase the flow of good information online
Good Information Foundation is the non-profit arm of Good Information Inc., a public benefit corporation committed to restoring social trust and strengthening democracy by investing in solutions that counter disinformation and increase the flow of good information online.